Legal Support Staff
Kantor LLP accepts unsolicited résumés for support staff. Interested applicants are requested to submit their covering letter and résumé via email, in confidence, to Brett Turnquist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kantor LLP thanks all applicants in advance and advises only applicants with relevant and pertinent experience will be contacted.
Legal Assistant – Personal Injury Litigation
Kantor LLP is looking for an experienced legal assistant to join our personal injury department. Reporting directly to the Personal Injury practice group leader, this is a role where you will work with a variety of Kantor LLP’s team members and will be responsible for completing an array of tasks and assisting clients on personal injury files. The ideal candidate is proactive, self-sufficient, and has high attention to detail and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and drafting various correspondence
- Coordination with various health care service providers, law enforcement, investigators, etc.
- Preparing and drafting Court Pleadings, correspondence and various other documentation
- Preparing files for settlement proposals
- Preparing files for questionings, mediations, and trials
- Maintaining a file management system
- Managing and staying up to date on client files
- Managing calendars & emails
- Liaising with lawyers, other assistants, and clients on the progress of their files
- General administrative tasks
- Recognized 2 year Legal Assistant or Paralegal Diploma
- Minimum 7 years of experience in personal injury
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal terminology, Court rules, and litigation procedures
- Highly organized
- Team oriented
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions & meet strict deadlines
- Display a great attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Capable of prioritizing a high volume of tasks
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Successful candidates will be notified. Please send your cover letter and resume to Linda M. Lynch-Staunton at email@example.com.